Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Kris Moore Uses BSD

1. Who are you and what do you do?

I'm the founder and lead developer of the PC-BSD desktop operating system. Currently that involves a lot of work with C++ / QT / Shell and occasionally some other languages for fun. 


2. What hardware are you using?

I have many systems here, from a core i7, down to some Athlon X2's and several laptops to round things out. 


3. What OS are you running on your main desktop/laptop?

PC-BSD of course! Currently running the new 9.0-BETA2


4. What software do you use the most?

Firefox, Thunderbird, vi, konversation, among others. 


5.What hardware is your main system on?

A lot of my development takes place on a AMD Athlon 2 X2 440 system, with dual-monitors running an NVIDIA 8800GTS. In addition I have a nice little Asus EEE netbook that I do development on as well. 


6. What is your dream setup?

Well for my work what I have runs great, but I do enjoy some PC gaming which is a bit more power hungry. In that case a nice Phenom II X6 1100T would be nice, along with a NVIDIA GTX 580 and 16GB of ram. And while I'm dreaming some SSD's would go nicely with that :)


7. Care to share a screenshot of your desktop?


No comments:

Post a Comment