Friday, September 23, 2011

Josh Paetzel Uses BSD

1. Who are you and what do you do?

I'm Josh Paetzel, Director of IT at ixsystems. I'm a FreeBSD source and ports committer, system administrator for the PC-BSD project and project manager for FreeNAS.


2. What hardware are you using?

My "desktop" is a Lenovo Thinkpad T510, also at my desk is a Thinkpad T500. My main build server is a dual Xeon 5550 with 48 GB of RAM and 9 1TB SAS drives in hardware RAID 6. 


3. What OS are you running on your main desktop/laptop?

PC-BSD 9.0-BETA2 


4. What software do you use the most?

Firefox, Thunderbird, Xchat, Kopete, Konsole, Vim, Subversion, VirtualBox


5.What hardware is your main system on?

A T510 lenovo laptop


6. What is your dream setup? 

Surrounded by hardware, my "desktop" is just a thing that logs into very fast machines. I guess I'd want a dual westmere with 192 gigs of RAM, a Fusion-I/O SLC, a bunch of 15K SAS drives, and a 30" LCD monitor.


7. Care to share a screenshot of your desktop?



No comments:

Post a Comment